Happy Spring everyone! Hopefully the April showers bring May flowers, warm weather, and healthy living inspiration. It is no secret that a lot of us want to feel our best for the summer but find it overwhelming figuring out where to start. That’s why I’ve developed this list of 1 minute or less lifestyle changes to help you reach your goals without feeling overwhelmed. All you have to do is pick one of the items below to incorporate into your week for one minute (or less) each day. Once you’ve kept up with one item for a week, pick another item to add in the following week, and so on. Before you know it you’ll have replaced old, maybe not so great habits with awesome habits and you will be well on your way to living better daily. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- Drink 20 ounces of water first thing in the morning – before caffeine, before anything! This will help give you natural energy first thing in the morning and get your body ready for the day ahead.
- Set a timer for 1 minute and write down everything you are grateful for – like I mentioned before, life can be overwhelming but sometimes if we take a moment to realize all of the great things that we have in our life, our perspective changes.
- Make your bed – I know it sounds simple, but when we accomplish something as easy as making our beds first thing in the day it gives us a sense of achievement which helps set us up for success the rest of the day.
- Practice 1 minute of deep breathing – this is a powerful technique that can calm anxiety, clear the mind and enable more air flow throughout the body.
- Set a timer for 1 minute and write down what you’d like to accomplish for the day – studies show that actually writing down what you’d like to do will help you visualize it happening which helps hold you more accountable to it.
- Set a timer for 1 minute and say out loud all of the things you love about yourself – comparison is the thief of all joy and in a world that revolves around social media it can be hard not to compare ourselves. Taking time to remind yourself how awesome you are is SO important. And here is your reminder – you are awesome and you deserve to tell yourself that!
I hope these tips provide inspiration and help you live better daily!
With every good wish,