Guidelines for Weight Training
| Weight Training
|Weight training or resistance exercise can be achieved through use of the weight training machines, free weights, and strength training group exericse classes. It is very important and beneficial for women to strength train. We hold weekly weight training clinics. Drop in for a refresher. New members receive complimentary a Smart Start Personal Training Package valued at $150.
Health Benefits of Weight Training
Types of Weight Training
- Increase muscle mass, lean body mass
- Increase strength
- Increase metabolism
- Increase bone density
- Prevents osteoporosis
- Nautilus (nitro), Cybex and Body Master Machines
- Free weights
- Resistance tubes and bands
- Strength training group exercise classes
Come experiencethe benefits ofweight training!
Try us free,
click here to
find out how!
- Attend a weight training clinic, individual appointment or hire a personal trainer
- Non consecutive days per muscle group
- Warm-Up first, 5-7 minutes on CV machine (bike or treadmill)
- Intensity: Choose a challenging weight. Lift 10-15 reps, the last 3 reps being a little difficult
- Duration: 1-3 sets of 10-15 repetitions
- Stretch muscles when finished. Hold 20-30 seconds.