Stress Management Tips
A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug. - Patricia Neal
- Take time for yourself each day. You are a priority.
- Be realistic with your time. Get comfortable saying "no" to things, especially if it takes time away from your personal goals.
- Reflect, meditate, practice yoga or deep breathing to foster mindfulness.
positive affirmations each day. Rather than using a negative statement
like "I am not good at this exercise class", work hard to affirm the
positive, like "I am proud of myself for trying a challenging exercise
- Be mindful that you are
responsible for your actions but avoid using negative connotations,
like "bad" or "terrible" to describe yourself.
- Visualize your exercise as stress relief.
- Get adequate sleep.
- Take breaks in your day. Take mental health days off from work. Take vacations!
- Do something just for the fun of it.
Food Mindfulness:In today's world of over-abundance & over-stimulation it is important to slow down and be mindful of our eating habits.
time out of your day to eat meals, preferably in a pleasant
environment. Savor the experience by sitting down, eating slowly,
peacefully & mindfully.
- Allow 20 minutes or more to eat your meals in order to sense fullness.
Portion food onto a plate or into a bowl to avoid mindless munching.
Reflect on the purpose and benefit of eating healthy foods.
Honor your hunger and your fullness. The more you practice this, the more in-tune you will become to your body's needs.
To become a mindful eater, try journaling what you eat and how you feel.
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." Eleanor Roosevelt