||When you wake up each morning you have two choices to make:
1. Will I have a good day or a bad day?
2. Will I be in a good mood or a bad mood?
The best part is it's your choice!
“It is not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.” - Abraham Lincoln
||Passion = Success
||Optimists believe we live in the best of times and pessimists fear this is true. Feed the optimist; starve the pessimist!
||Life is 90 percent mental.
||“Winning isn’t everything, but the will to win is everything.” - Vince Lombardi
||Dare to believe that the best will happen to you.
||Exercise is a gift you give to yourself.
||If you don’t take care of your body, where will you live?
||Successful people have the ability to carry on long after the initial mood is gone.
||Consider the postage stamp; its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing until it gets there.
||Those who think they have no time for healthy eating will sooner or later have to make time for illness.
||Let your heart sing by doing something you love each day.
||“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” - Mae West
||The first wealth is health.
||The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest.
||Success is to be measured not so much by the position one has reached in life, as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed.
||I believe I deserve what I earn, not what someone hands me.
||Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.
||If not now, then when?
Three keys to success
1. Self confidence
2. Self-motivation and positive thinking
3. Finding outside sources of motivation to re-energize yourself (i.e. motivational books, CDs and DVDs)
- Learn how to put a period on things you regret or don't understand; remove the question mark and move on!
- Learn how to put things in your “I don’t understand file” and don’t open that file too often.
- Think of your car’s windshield, it’s much larger than your rear view mirror. That’s because what’s ahead of you is much more important than what’s in your past!
- Imagine your problems are under your feet or even better under an old pair of boots you have in the back of your closet. This can help you fell in control.
- Learn how to use your “delete” button. Each time someone or yourself says something negative to you, picture yourself hitting the delete button! “You can’t”…delete. “That will never work”…delete. “You are not smart enough”…delete.
For nutrition tips, click here.
By Paul Maduri, President and CEO of Fitness Unlimited Milton, MA