| Cardiovascular Training
|In a health club setting, cardiovascular fitness can be achieved by use of the cardiovascular (CV) machines or aerobic classes. We recommend attending a cardio clinic to learn proper usage of the machines. New members to the club receive complimentary, our "Smart Start" Personal Training Package valued at $150.
Health Benefits of Aerobic Exercise
Types of Cardiovascular Exercise
- Improves aerobic capacity
- Strengthens heart and lungs
- Reduces risk of heart diseases
- Decrease blood pressure
- Helps reduce Body Fat
- Relieves stress and depression
An activity that keeps your heart rate above 60% for 30 minutes or more. It is best to cross train.
- Recumbent or upright bikes
- Stair Master Machine or Life Step Machines
- Life Cross Trainers
- Precorp Elliptical Trainers
- Jogging, Running, Power Walk
- Aerobic class, step, etc.
Guidelines for Aerobic Exercise
The American Heart Association now recommends that you engage in vigorous, brisk activity 250-300 minutes per week. Activities consist of any type of exercise (cardio, weights, yoga, etc.) that takes you out of your comfort zone and causes you to sweat.