Away for the summer? Vacationing down the Cape? Looking to exercise outdoors? Try this total body workout when you can't make it to the gym to burn calories and build strength. You don't need any equipment and it can be done at home or at the beach!
Perform each exercise for 45 seconds with 15 sec rest in between and repeat twice:
- Jumping Jacks
- We should all know this one!
- Either on your hands or forearms, be sure to align your joints and have your hips in line with shoulders and heels.
- After plank bring your hands wide so that your thumb is under your shoulder and then bend your elbows out to the sides so they are above your wrists. Bring your knees down to modify!
- Sumo Squat
- Have your feet wide with toes turned out and heels turned in and when you bend your knees they should be directly about your ankles.
- Tricep Pushups
- Instead of a normal push-up have your hands closer to your body and bend your elbows straight back to target the back of the arms.
- Back Lunge alternating legs
- Step straight back with one foot and then bend deeply into both knees.
- High Knees
- Like running in place! You can also march as a modification.